Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not by might and not by power, but by my Spirit says the lord. I hear this and often have I thought, what? I found that my initial lack of trust in the sanity of this statement really did come down to that. A lack of trust. Now, trust is not something that I have found I can logic my way into. But at the vary end of my inquiry, I found that my ability to trust did not have that much to do with me after all. It just happened. It just came over me. And it was from outside that this happened. It was something greater and grander than anything I could have easily explained away. Looking back I see that trust is actually a very logical and very intelligent strategy. It is the dominant strategy when you are gone and don't know how to cross the gap. It comes down to letting go and letting your self expand into whatever else there is. But again I say it did not come from me. Perfect love casts out all fear. Perfect love makes it possible for us to trust. This is why it is so important to love, to nurture, to give into others. It makes it possible for them to trust. To become something else. Something more. In so doing, we take part in the process of creation. But really, it is not and never will be about us. Humility paves the way to greatness. Give more freely. Maybe you will get something back, but you WILL be taking part in a creative act of your own. Trust, and watch as you are created a creator.

No comments: