Saturday, August 29, 2009

Different Angles

Last Thursday was my first day of class this semester. However, class was not the highlight. No, the highlight had to be going dumpster diving in a pin-stripe pimp suit and tie for a fully legitimate reason. I found that a very large check had been sent to me. Also, because my current accommodations are as they are, mail sometimes gets thrown away. This is exactly what seamed to have happened to this large check. Being the first day of class, I thought it a day to dress extravagantly, thus the suit. I ran outside to the dumpster to retrieve the check, looked over the edge and took the plunge. All I could think of at the time was that this was an incredible event. For a serious reason, I had to go dumpster diving in a good suit. Eventually, I located the check, but I would not help but be equally thankful for the opportunity to perform such an out of the ordinary act. I said a prayer of thanks to G-d for this gift. This along with many other experience, leads me to believe that life is much better lived when all that we go through, both good and bad, are put in their proper context, not as to be controlled or avoided, or striven for , but as opportunities for stories to tell in eternity. Towards all things as attitude of gratitude is possible.

No comments: